Thursday, April 17, 2008

C'mon Kate- give Jody a break!

Last week, Kate took her kids to the crayola factory and refused to let them use markers. I thought that was bad, until I watched this past Monday nights episode, in which Kate calls her sister-in-law Jody, upon returning home from a one-on-one day with daughter Mady and husband Jon, to chastise her for giving the three year old sextuplets gum while she babysat them for the afternoon. I mean, she's kidding right?

F.Y.I. to Kate and any other Moms who give relatives who volunteer to babysit, in all likelihood for free, but even if not free, it is still a favor- YOU DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH.

As the mother of five children, if absolutely any of my relatives offer to babysit, I am ecstatic. Kate, and I have met many other mothers like her, has some type of entitlement complex. Boo hoo, I had eight kids so the world should help me watch them. Look, I agree, the woman deserves a hand, but when her sweet as sugar sister-in-law offers to babysit seven of her children for the day, plus she has her own three kids, one that is a fairly young baby, I think the appropriate response for this gesture is "THANK YOU"- not tell me you didn't give my kids gum.

Do you want to go out or not? If you are such a control freak that you can't let go a little when someone else is doing you a favor, perhaps you should always watch your own kids, or hire someone who pay handsomely to follow your instructions like a robot. This is not how to treat your family, on national t.v. nonetheless. If I were Jody I would forgive her, but it would be a cold day in hell before I'd babysit again.

HERE IS WHAT I EXPECT FROM MY FAMILY MEMBERS WHEN THEY GRACIOUSLY OFFER TO BABYSIT, ONCE IN A BLUE MOON...

1. THAT WHEN I RETURN, ALL OF THE CHILDREN ARE STILL BREATHING.
2. THAT ANY AND ALL FIRES STARTED IN MY ABSENCE ARE FULLY EXTINGUISHED BEFORE I RETURN HOME.
3. THAT NO MORE THAN 10 CHILDREN AND NO LESS THAN THE FIVE(ORIGINAL) ARE IN MY HOME AT THE END OF THE EVENING.

IF SAID BABYSITTER MANAGES THIS, AND HAS CALLED ME EVERY SEVEN SECONDS SINCE I LEFT, I CONSIDER THE NIGHT A SUCCESS.

Personally, I think that Kate has grown entirely to accustomed to having everyone wipe her ass, and now doesn't even think that she has to be appreciative when someone does something nice for her. I don't care how organized she is, nice is more important in my book.

No comments: